Nominations have opened for the 2020 Commonwealth Youth Awards which will see winners awarded a cash grant to scale-up development work benefiting their communities.
Are you a young change maker that fits the below criteria? Do not miss out on the opportunity to nominate yourself or a youth leader working on achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community
Nominees Must be:
- aged 15 to 29 years;
- a citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
- been engaged in development work for more than 12 months - either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their development work and its impact to one of the 17 SDGs;
- have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development.
The 2020 finalists will receive a trophy, a certificate and cash grants to help them continue their development work.
All finalists will be awarded £1,000. Each selected regional winner will receive an additional £2,000, bringing their total win to £3,000. The Commonwealth Young Person of the Year will also receive an additional cash grant of £2,000, bringing her/his total award to £5,000.
Click here for more information and to submit a nomination.
The Ministry, as the coordinating Agency for youth development in Trinidad and Tobago, is seeking to contract the services of a Consultant for the development of a National Youth Policy for Trinidad and Tobago.
Click here for details.
Click here for Terms of Reference.
Term of Office: 1st August, 2019 to 31st July 2022.
The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Youth Ambassador Programme (CYAP) is a mechanism for promoting youth participation and partnership in regional integration and in broad socio-economic development processes.
CARICOM Youth Ambassadors (CYAs) are a network of young leaders mandated by CARICOM Heads of Governments to advocate for and educate young people about regional priorities including HIV and AIDS and the CARICOM Single Market and Economy. Their role is to address youth issues at the national level whilst bringing said issues to the attention of their respective Governments.
Persons interested in serving as CARICOM Youth Ambassadors should:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 25.
- Be a resident national of Trinidad & Tobago
- Be able to commit to serve as CYA for a minimum of two (2) years and a maximum term of three (3) years.
- Be an active member of a bonafide Youth Group/Organization.
- Have no competing commitments including family responsibilities and further (overseas) education plans for the next 2 – 3 years.
- Be able to articulate and able to effectively represent their country and relate to the youth networks and masses at home
- Possess appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes on youth development issues and places a high value on learning and ongoing development;
- Have a clear understanding and appreciation of the socio-economic structure of the Caribbean region, the political systems governing Caribbean people and the role of CARICOM in promoting regional integration;
- Possess or is committed to acquiring a wide range of leadership skills including consensus building, facilitation of meetings, planning and project cycle development, monitoring and evaluation, report/proposal writing, action research, media interface and advocacy
- Be proactive in marketing the CYAP and strengthening networking linkages with Retired CYAs, Departments of Youth Affairs, NYCs, Ministries of CARICOM Affairs, Community Youth Organisations/NGOs, and other stakeholders
- Regularly shares ideas, skills and experiences with CYAs, NYCs, other youth organisations/NGOs at all levels and seeks to integrate CARICOM goals and priorities into their respective work plans;
- Be able to mobilize resources to support the implementation of the local work plan
Click here for the CARICOM Youth Ambassador application form.
Click here to register for L.E.E.A.P.
Click here to register for N.E.C. level 1 courses.
Click here to register for L.E.E.A.P.
It's time for Global Entrepreneurship Week!
Come and join in the conversation and get involved in the action at GEWTT 2018. Meet and collaborate with fellow young entrepreneurs. Hear some of the most unique and interesting entrepreneurial journeys.
Hear from Industry leaders about the other side of business, beyond the bright ideas, and the things you need to do for longevity in business.
Come to be inspired and energize others in support of young entrepreneurs across Trinidad and Tobago. Get into the action and look out for special surprises throughout the night.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
We look forward to seeing you there.